I have a lot of respect for these 5 ladies, who have offered us many recipes to make our families happy for years to come. And just when you think you have their best recipe/book yet? They have gone and proved me wrong. All these Ladies have released a book this year and have some recipes to tease you with on their blogs. I highly suggest visiting each and every one of them, but don’t do so on an empty stomach. You have been warned.
- Dreena Burton, her newest book Plant Powered Families came out in May 2015. This is *the* book for families (you don’t need kids to enjoy the recipes, but it’s excellent if you have picky ones- these recipes will make dinner time easier) See what I have to say about her Creamy Cauliflower Soup.
She is also the author of: The Everyday Vegan, Vive le Vegan, Eat, drink and be Vegan, Let them eat Vegan and her e-book Plant Power 15.
I own every single book including e-book. If you have her books you can tell she’s changed the way she cooks. Her older books include more processed foods, uses more oil which I still cook from- but her recent she’s found a way of making recipes that uses natural sweeteners, hardly any oil and they are DELISH every single time. Pick up any of her books- close your eyes and flip to any page- you will love it 🙂
2. Kathy Hester, her newest book The Easy Vegan Cookbook came out in Aug 2015. This book is amazing and must have to get healthful dinners on the table in 30 mins or less. I’ve made several from this book and all keepers. Short and sweet list of ingredients. Great for those who are overwhelmed in the kitchen and just need something simple yet gives a WOW factor! For more of a review see mine : review of The Easy Vegan Cookbook
She’s also the author of: The Vegan Slow Cooker, The Great Vegan Bean Book, Vegan Slower Cooker for two or just for you, OATrageous OAT meals and her e-book The Ghoulish Gourmet.
I have The Easy Vegan cookbook, The Vegan Slow Cooker and The Ghoulish Gourmet. I have borrowed the other books from the library and they will end up in my collection of must have’s as the recipes I’ve made, I’ve enjoyed and hate waiting in line for them to be available.
At first I thought I would never get much use out of Vegan Slow Cooker for 2 or just for you, because, I love left overs- but honestly this book allows me to try more recipes as I don’t have a lot of left overs…. and you can always double up if you want to. Head over to her site and start planning dinner!!
3. Somer McCowan, She’s a new comer to me and all I can say is THANK YOU to whoever “introduced” me to her. Her book The Abundance Diet This is NOT a book about dieting, it’s not a get thin quick book- it’s about eating an abundance of healthful foods and bettering yourself in a healthy way. If you like Cheesy Potato bake (the dish is way better than my “review”, and pastas, and smoothies and juices- you are in for a treat!
Check out her blog- she has those cheesy potato recipe online… one bite of that is worth buying her book alone. But don’t stop there, she has many recipes that are drool worthy. Check out her Foxy Moxy, one would say it’s better than chocolate.
4. Richa Hingle. She’s another one who has come onto my radar this past year. Her book Vegan Richa’s Indian Kitchen: Traditional and Creative Recipes for the Home Cook offers the best of the best Indian cooking. I did have to look up some meanings, or searched for some of the spices. But they were easy enough to get or it was optional. Keep in mind I’m new to cooking Indian- but not to eating it.
She has an e-book Diwali- Sweets which- I must check out after writing this….. I suggest you have a look at it too.
If you want home cooked Indian food- this is *the* book to buy. It is easy to follow along, and the spices you may have to buy will not go to waste.
5. Finally but not least is THE Isa Moskowitz. Her last book is actually a 10th Anniversary edition of Vegan with a Vengeance. I get hungry when I think about this book. Everything I’ve made from it- has been awesome! Who knew she could make brussel sprouts tastes great?!
She’s written Isa Does It, Appetite for Reduction, Vegan Brunch, Vegan with a Vengeance, Veganomicon
And co-written with Terry Hope Romero Vegan cupcakes take over the world, Vegan cookies invade your cookie jar and Vegan pie in the sky.
I have Isa Does It, Appetite for Reduction, Vegan Brunch, Vegan with a Vengeance, Veganomicon and Vegan cupcakes take over the world all get books. In fact, I just wrote a post about the Vegan cupcakes take over the world in my Girl just wanna bake cupcakes post. Head on over and see what she’s cooking up. It’s worth the trip.
Now that I have totally overwhelmed you with 5 wonderful Ladies with blogs and cookbooks to keep you and your family healthy, happy and satisfied for years to come- my advice is grab a note book and pen and jot down some notes- or book mark pages and start your menu planning. And have fun in the kitchen. As I cook and blog- I will give tips on how to make recipes easier, or what freezes well, what doubles well, how to make the most of a batch cooking day and anything that I think is helpful to help you in your kitchen.
Who is your girl crush? Let me know, I’m always wanting to meet more people 🙂
Note* we do get a small commission on any books you purchase through our store. So- happy shopping- get the latest books for you and your friends, all make for great stocking stuffers 😀 Have a wonderful day