The challenge? Make and post a vegan Taco Bell crunch wrap for vegan snack down. This was one fun challenge. I only had the small flour tortillas- BUT next time I will buy both the large and small ones. This is so easy to make. Of course you can double or triple this recipe.
Makes 1 Lg or 2 small crunch wrap(s).
1/4 of an onion diced
2-3 minced garlic cloves
1/4- 1/2 cup Beyond Meat feisty crumbles
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 chili powder
A pinch red chili flakes, optional
A few Que Pasa chips
3 tablespoons (or more) leftover rice
2 large, or 4 small flour tortillas
1. Heat oil/water or veggie broth in the pan. Add onions. Sauté until soft. Toss in the garlic, stir cook for about 20 seconds before adding the feisty crumbles and rice. Cook until heated through.
2. Take the large wrap place the filling in it.
3. Place the chips on top of the cooked mixture to cover it up. Kinda flatten them. But make sure to leave big pieces.
4. Take your shredded lettuce, and diced tomatoes place on top of chips. Drizzle tons of cheese sauce on it.
5. Take the small wrap (or cut a large one to make it smaller. Place on top of the cheese mixture.
6. Take the edges of the larger wrap and fold it over the smaller one to all the yummy goodness is covered. Place seam side down in the heated pan pan. (I just used the same one I cooked the mixture in).
7. On medium to medium low heat, cook each side for about 4 mins until you get a nice golden brown colour.
8. Enjoy it with some daiya ranch and/or more cheese sauce.
I can not put the cheese sauce recipe on my site as it’s in Jl’s new book: The Vegan Airfyer, however,Julie and Kittee had permission to post the cheesy fries recipe (They are hosting a giveaway for the book which closes Wed July 26 2017). Make sure to prepare the fries as well for a complete meal (I didn’t have potatoes so I missed out. But Jl spices the fries the same way I usually season mine- so I know they’re good!
For another review and a chance to win The Vegan Airfryer, check out Mary Ellen’s blog V Nutrition. (Her contest closes Sat July 22 I think it is).
Amy from Veggies Save The Day tweeted about this magical dish that immediately had me drooling and knew this is the sauce I needed to make for my crunch wrap. It would be good over broccoli, or nacho’s well- everything!!
Try this recipe and let me know what you think of it. Just don’t blame me for the crunch wrap addiction 😀 Make sure to bookmark this page for those 3 am cravings and Taco Bell isn’t open. Is Taco Bell open at 3 am? Let’s just say no. Besides with this easy recipe you know that there will be no mistakes or cross-contamination so there’s no reason to leave the comfort of your home.