We are in the middle of a heat wave and I do not like it. It’s hot and gross and there are only so many hours you can hang out in the grocery store before security starts following you around. Yes, I know I have been here every day for the past week for 8 hours straight and have only bought some bananas or grapes…. ok I haven’t done that, but lately, that’s all I’ve wanted to do.
So, let’s turn to plan B. We will cool ourselves with some refreshing drinks, and even though alcohol will dehydrate you, you can have some every now and then, just make sure to drink lots of water.
The first drink you don’t have to put in the vodka, it’s just as tasty without it. I would recommend you pulse some ice in a food processer to make it extra cold.
1. Watermelon and Lime
2. Dark Cherry Lime Slushy, photo credit goes to Brandi from The Vegan 8. I’m not a fan of cherries, but I wish I could reach through the screen and enjoy this slushy.
3. Pomegranate Swizzle, photo credit goes to Ginny from The Vegan in the Freezer. This drink calls for rum, but I’m sure it will be just as refreshing without it.
4. Heartbreaker Rose Syrup Cocktail, photo credit goes to Kathy from Healthy Slow Cooking. Now, I wouldn’t drink more than one of these, but it looks too pretty not to try it.
5. Creamsicle Smoothie. The photo credit goes to Dreena from Plant Powered Kitchen. Adults and kids alike can enjoy this treat. I’d be tempted to make extras and freeze it.
6. Creamy Blended Frozen Mocha. Photo Credit goes to Katie from Chocolate Covered Katie. I don’t drink coffee anymore, but this is exactly what I would be having for breakfast if I did.
7. Labor Day Pina Coladas. Photo credit goes to Chef Chloe. It may say labor day pina coladas, but I’m not waiting, minus the rum it’s a nice and refreshing taste of the tropics- to go with this heat we’re having. Just close your eyes and pretend you’re somewhere else.
8. Salted Caramel Cluster Vegan Shake. Photo credit goes to Mel from A Virtual Vegan. STOP THE PRESSES, this looks like I’m wanting this for dinner tonight!!!
9. Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresca. Photo credit goes to Amy from Veggies Save The Day. This sparkling water with watermelon will be the hit of your pool party.
10. Peaches and Cream Nice Cream Float. Photo credit goes to Sarah from Fried Dandelions. Move over root beer float, we have a new favorite. Shh, we won’t tell them it’s healthy, ok Mom?
11. Kiwi Strawberry Crush Cocktail. Photo credit goes to Becky from Glue and Glitter. This looks really great! You could almost get away with saying it’s a salad. Vodka is made from potatoes and then there’s strawberries and kiwi. You’re welcome 😉 Just don’t over do it.
12. Power Grape Juice. Photo credit goes to Claire from Reboot with Joe. This is so easy to make and look at that lovely colour!!
13. Frosty Strawberry Lemonade with Mint. Photo credit goes to Somer from Vedged Out. Oh boy, this could be had all day long!!
14. Coquito Bonito. Photo credit goes to Terry from Vegan Latina. Sure, why not?! Maybe a little taste of Christmas will make things cooler….
15. Double Chocolate Hazelnut Shookie. Photo credit goes to Annie from An Unrefined Vegan. Annie had me at double chocolate.
16. Strawberry Lemonade Bliss, by Tess. Photo credit goes to Michelle Donner. Lemonade is a staple during summer. I think you will love this one.
17. Caramel Peanut Apple Smoothie. Photo credit goes to Brittney from Plant Power Couple. Need I say more? I didn’t think so. Also, I see you drooling 😉
18. Peach Avocado Green Smoothie. Photo credit goes to Noelle from Singers Kitchen. What a great way to get an abundance of fruits and veggies into a glass.
19. Don’t Put Down that Glass of Matcha Tropical Smoothie .Photo credit goes to The Food Duo. Great smoothie to start your day right.
20. Watermelon MojiWatermelon Mojito. This is a nice and refreshing juice. I almost forgot about it.
21. Blissful Citrus Thirst Quencher. Photo credit goes to Miriam from Mouth Watering Vegan. This is what you need to take on your picnic.
22. Tropical Smoothie with Mango & Banana. Recipe by Becky from Glue and Glitter. Photo credit goes to Cadry from Cadry’s Kitchen.
23. Virgin Banana Daiquiris. Photo credit goes to Rebecca from Strength and Sunshine. Looks perfect!
24. Nectarine Lemonade. Photo credit goes to Vicky and Ruth from May I Have That Recipe.
25. Pina Colada Smoothie . Photo credit goes to Marly from Namely Marly. It’s green!!! Love it!
26. Cardamom Cinnamon Turmeric Iced Tea. Photo credit goes to Richa from Vegan Richa.I think this would be great for after dinner.
27. White Chocolate Cake Strawberry Milkshake. Photo credit goes to Brandi from The Vegan 8. Now this is epic!!
28. Spiked Orange Julius. Photo credit goes to Jackie from Vegan Yack Attack, Hello beautiful!!!
29. Iced Vanilla Bean Matcha Latte. Photo credit goes to Angela from Oh She Glows. I want two!
30. Piña Colada Smoothie. Photo credit goes to Melissa from Vegan Huggs. Looks refreshing.
31. Vanilla Mint Superfood Smoothies w/ Spirulina. Photo credit goes to Sarah from Well and Full. I love this colour, don’t you?
32. Healthy Purple Smoothie. Photo credit goes to Clint and Brooke from Grab Your Spork. I’m not a huge fan of blueberries, but I want this.
33. Ginger Switchel Floats with Cinnamon Ice Cream. Photo credit goes to Kristina from Spabettie. This will be worth the effort.
34. Watermelon Frosty. Photo credit goes to Kathy from Healthy Happy Life. Can’t wait to try this one.
35. Pineapple Mint Agua Fresca. Photo credit goes to Kathy from Healthy Slow Cooking. What a cute glass!!
That’s all I have for now. If there’s a demand I will post more refreshing beat the heat drinks. Now that you have quenched your thirst, the next post will be about food. Stayed tuned.