I have a great martini recipe for you. If you don’t drink, skip the vodka as this is something you want to try . If you don’t have a juicer, just blend the watermelon and then strain it (or don’t, it just won’t be as smooth.)
1/4 of a large watermelon
a shot of vodka or maybe two depending on the type of day you had 😉
- Wash the watermelon and lime before slicing.
- Cut your watermelon in half, then half the half, take of rind. Cut the fruit into piece that will easily fit into the juicer.
- Put watermelon pieces into fridge and let chill for 1/2 or so.
- Cut and peel the lime.
- On low speed, drop the watermelon in, then the lime, switch it to high.
- Add some ice and your vodka.
If you don’t have a juicer, then like I said just use a blender, but you need to juice the lime. You can get a cheap hand held citrus juicer at the dollar store, or an inexpensive power citrus juicer at a discount grocery store like Superstore, Walmart.
NOTE** If you put your watermelon in the fridge first you tend to get more juice. Fresh juice will still be good up to 72 hrs I heard, but it’s really the best very cold the day of making it or the next day.
If you are making this for a party, I would use 4-5 limes per whole watermelon.
Don’t skip the lime. The lime gives it a little something special. If you skip it, all you taste is watermelon and I personally didn’t like straight watermelon juice. I drank this juice all the time when I was rebooting, once I was done the reboot, I made this drink.
Yes, I know, it’s not in a martini glass, but this just saves me from having to get up a few seconds after making the first one, to pour another one 😉
How are you going to martini today?