Ahhh good ol’ vegan snack down! I don’t know about you but I love taking recipes and making them vegan.
Let’s talk about the potato wedges. I really don’t have a recipe for them but this is what I did.
Peeled and sliced 2 potatoes into wedges. Placed in cold water, until the popcorn chick*n was cooked.
Place potato wedges and water into the salad spinner (yes you did read right), drain the water. Get off as much water as possible. Place into dry bowl, add some oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, a pinch of parsley, a pinch of basil, some red pepper flakes….. look around, see what else you want to add… you spy the smoked paprika, so sprinkle some of that on and mix together.
Now, you could place into a pre-heated oven at 450 for 35-40 mins flipping once. Or you could, like me, use the air fryer and cook on 180 for 26 mins shaking once.
For the popcorn chick*n:
1/2 block of tofu, pressed
2 teaspoons of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 tablespoon of hemp seed
2 tablespoons of chick*n seasoning, I use Butler Food brand
1/2 bag of Plentils by Enjoy Life- the sea salt flavour
1/3 cup of Chipotle Chinook mild sauce or sauce of your choice.
- Take the tofu and cut into pieces – I ended up with 24 pieces.
- Place plentils into a ziplock bag and crush the chips into small pieces then add everything but tofu and sauce to bag. Shake it, shake it good. Put on some good music and dance around while your crushing and shaking them, and sip on some wine as well.
- Place 1/2 of the tofu into the bowl with the sauce in it, make sure to cover all the pieces. Place sauced tofu into the crush plentils.
- Repeat with the rest of the tofu.
- Shake the tofu pieces in the ziplock bag to cover every inch of the cubes.
- Place the tofu onto some parchment paper in the airfryer.
- Cook for 20 mins on 180, shaking once.
Enjoy with you favourite ranch dip. May I suggest some daiya ranch?
Let me know what you think. If you like this recipe, please share it. Oh and remember this one for game night. Perfect snack for all.
The recipe that inspired me can be found here.